Saturday, July 10, 2010

Pastor Sell Speaks at Youth Conference in Utah and TN

Summer Update

Other than the usual preaching and teaching at Immanuel and shut-ins for Trinity, Edwardsville, I've been involved in a few other things this summer. You might remember that I was scheduled to be the plenary speaker at a Higher Things (HT) youth gathering in Utah and then in TN. WOW! What a hoot. What makes HT attractive is the cost of the conference - about $325/youth - plus travel. They also have these every summer. Next summer, they will have 3 of them. One in IL, one at UNLV Las Vegas, and one in Atlanta.


Given 2010 Logan, Utah


The Utah gathering was a blast as I was able to relive some of my former experiences in Utah, aka, Mormon-land. It was high desert, so, it was a "dry" heat. As the plenary speaker, that meant that I spoke to all the kids at one time. Utah had well over 500 kids.

Sorry about the blurred pics...

I couldn't help but to get a dig in about the Red Wings.

The worship was awsome, the break out sessions were interesting and I was
always amazed at how far people traveled to get there.





Given 2010 Nashville TN

The TN gathering was... humid, but I had a great time. It was on the campus of Vanderbilt University. One of the most confusing places I've been to try to figure out where the buildings were. Here they had over 1100 youth. One of the nights HT rented out the Wild Horse Saloon (above) and 1100 kids took over the place. No alcohol was served, of course. They lined danced, played games, had a blast.

From what I could tell, my plenary - an hour long presentation - on two days - on how God "gives" you your vocation was well received. Especially if you judge by the pictures below.


Clergy loved it.


Youth were enthralled - riveted.

On the edge of their seats!


Here is a pic of the hall in TN at the plenary.











Thanks Immanuel and her deacons for letting me attend.
prsell

No comments:

Post a Comment